The Rogue River begins in the Rogue-Umpqua Divide Wilderness and Crater Lake National Park. It flows south west through the Cascades and then briefly touches civilization near the town of Grants Pass. We begin our trip just downstream right before the river plunges into the rugged and remote Siskiyou Mountains.
A trip down the Rogue has been compared to being in a “Planet Earth” movie. There are narrow canyons of polished rock, cool grotto’s draped in ferns, heavily forested hillsides, big sandy beaches, some of the best swimming holes anywhere, cascading waterfalls, and hikes up tumbling side streams. It is common to see bald eagles, osprey, otter, and black bear.
There are over 80 rapids and the whitewater is fun and exciting yet safe. The rapids and the choice of craft make the Rogue almost unmatched in its ability to satisfy a wide range of tastes and skill levels. It is not uncommon to have trips enjoyed by three generations of family or friends. You have the choice of sitting in relaxing oar boats, participating in more exciting paddle boats, or navigating the whitewater in an inflatable kayak (this adds a big level of excitement to the rapids).
For all the grand descriptions and accolades heaped on the Rogue for many of the guides who grew up here it is simply home – a place to recharge, relax, and live simply. In the end that might say the most about this place.
3 Day Lodge Trips : $1,095 / $995.50 (Youth)
4 Day Camping Trips: $1040 / $936 (Youth)
Plus $10/person USFS Federal Recreation Fee
All Rogue River Rafting Trips Include:
- All river equipment.
- For Camp Trips: All camping gear (including ultra-comfortable 3″ sleeping pads) if needed.
- For Lodge Trips: Lodging in comfortable wilderness lodges.
- Showers (both lodge and camp trips)
- Return transportation back to Galice, Oregon. Transportation can also be arranged from Ashland, Oregon.
- Gourmet 3 course meals featuring local and organic produce & products. Find out more >>
- World-Class guides with a minimum 8 years experience leading trips around the globe. Find out more >>
- A small trip – most of our Rogue trips consist of 10 to 12 guests.
- A trip down one of the world’s great summer wilderness rivers.
*working in partnership with Momentum River Expeditions